Sunday 29 January 2012

Tast First 3 weeks

week 1 Fly stitch

week 1 fly stitch

week 2 button hole stitch

week 2 button hole stitch detail

week 2 button hole stitch detail

week 3 feather stitch

week 3 feather stitch detail

week 3 feather stitch detail

week 3 feather stitch detail






This is my first 3 weeks work on the take a stitch tuesday.
I have really enjoyed doing these stitches and I feel my work becoming more relaxed.
I am only working on a 3 inch square at the moment but it is creeping out on the edges, and filling in all of the spaces.
I have been using Mary Thomas's dictionary of embroidery stitches. A book I brought my mother in 1990.
For the buttonhole stitch I used  Buttonhole stitch Knotted buttonhole stitch Closed Buttonhole stitch, Crossed Buttonhole stitch, Double Buttonhole stitch and Tailor's Buttonhole stitch.
For the feather stitch I used Feather stitch, Closed Feather stitch, Double Feather stitch, Spanish Knotted Feather stitch and Maidenhair stitch.
I intend to use these stitches and the cretan stitch yet to finish, on my first block of CQJP  
Must get back to my stitching.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a good idea, so many different ways to do one stitch, I must look at TAST as I am always trying to get my stitches even.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete